Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Day 76 - Since you Last Played Scrabble

Dear Mom, it's been 89 days since you "passed" on those three scrabble games we had going. As you know, I bought you an iPad two years ago, and it was one of my best ideas ever. Little did I know how much you would love it and use it. It was on your lap nearly all day as you sat in the recliner. You not only used it to read news, but you also got ebooks, you kept tabs on your bank accounts, and you played hundreds of games of Scrabble and Words With Friends with not only me, but with Angela, John and half dozen other freinds and family. It was a great way for me to keep tabs on you while you were at work. Not only could we use the chat feature, but as long as you were making words, I knew you were okay. When you weren't making words, I could usually guess that you were watching Morning Joe or Days of Our Lives, or napping.I look back fondly at the days I would come home from work and find it on your lap while you were nodding off for a nap.
  The reason one of these games shows "76" days is because that was on Day 13 in the nursing home when I gave you the iPad so that you could make a word. That was the day you made LASS. That was the very last word you would ever make in Scrabble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home